Tuesday 10 April 2012

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?



Of late I have been feeling as though there is always tomorrow to become all I can be, and that second best/half hearted efforts "will do for now"
Stuck in this 'just getting by' rut for the past few weeks has turned me into a zombie. When asked "so what have you been up to lately?" pretty much the standard response is "Just working"
Going to work.
And spending time on facebook and instagram, lurking people that are out living. Dreaming of a life that looks nothing like this.

What I really desire is being able to answer working, blogging, the gym, wandering with my camera, creating, discovering, living this life to its fullness.

This life is short. Too short.

Way too short to leave it untill tomorrow, because tomorrow might never present itself.


"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"
 -mary oliver-the summer day 

4 comments:

  1. There's no better time to start than now.
    Sounds like a line from a self-help book, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. Those lines are often in the self help books because they are so helpful lol.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same some weeks. I just sleep away some of the most beautiful hours of the day and wish I could squeeze more and more in. Why is there never a balance! We always seem to have phases of doing a LOT, and phases of doing not so much hey?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, so much re: balance! It is so horridly hard to find that middle ground.
      Four more hours each day would defo serve me well in my quest to get everything done :s

      x

      Delete