Tuesday 31 May 2011

before + after


Let me preface these images by stating this - please be kind as the past week or so have not been so kind to me. My being busy + tired = embarrassing mess. 
Also, embarrassing mess + days off + no car + torrential rain = cleaning like mad.
Those factors, and the fact that I am moving soon sent me into a flurry of scrubbing walls, dusting, and donating half of my wardrobe to charity.

Before

Eep! Told you it was bad! Absolute chaos! Ugh, when my home is this way so is my head.




After

Sitting on the floor is not ideal but it wont be for too long I hope. See the lamp on the far left? Full of parts of the ceiling that have fallen down. Charming. The carpet is oh so lovely to live with also. Gag.
Not a total Ikea Hack as all I've done is turned an Expedit shelf on it's side, but a good first effort methinks.


If I had a favourite camera, this would be it. It is a Baby Brownie and it is oh so cute! The paper butterflies are bought from the clever lady over at Cuckoo for Coco. Every time we're in Port Macquarie we visit her stall at the artist's markets. Just gorgeous!

SO much nicer! This took me all day yesterday. Still a work in progress really, because to get to the bathroom you need to negotiate this:


We shall just say that taking apart furniture is not my department and leave it at that for now. Himself loves it haha.
My mind already feels so much clearer, and I already feel less overwhelmed re:the impending move.

Next up - The bedroom. Eeeeeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment