Sunday 8 May 2011

today...

I slept in until 10.20am and woke up feeling the best I have in months.

We went to 'his' mum's place for mother's day lunch.

I found myself wondering what my future mother's days might look like (when I am one!) and got all excited thinking about burnt, cold toast in bed and misspelt cards that I'm sure were the most beautiful creations in the world to my mum (except for me and my siblings of course haha)

We went for a look at our favourite second hand bookshop for treasure.


None today, but that is half the fun of really - the thrill of the chase.


After, we went thrifting. Talk about the thrill of the chase! Soso much fun, and we can lay claim to success (of sorts haha)




The doubtfulness of success was re:chairs. As I've previously stated, we don't actually need any more chairs for us personally, but I just can't leave them there all alone. It would kill me almost. But, if I can find about 200 more before February 4th 2012 they would be super useful....hmm. Probably need a
whole other blog post re: my chair mission.

Also today....

We are trying to save money of late with the view to buy a house. It all adds up my friends so we've been trying to save by giving away the luxury items. Which I don't mind so much, but it was lovely when today himself totally spoilt me and bought me the Sunday papers. Bliss. He is the best. Seriously, the best! I am so in love that I would hate me if I wasn't me.

So on that note, I am off to snuggle, read the papers and watch Antiques Roadshow (also best!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, I am new to this so its nice to know that I'm not blogging just to me. And my auntie. And Cousin Nicole. And my Kaye Friend. Even then I wouldn't mind because having this outlet is also best!

3 comments:

  1. ooh a mention in Mel-Travis' blog! I'm famous!
    I love your pictures and your blog stories! Thanks for sharing your world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, chairs! I love chairs too! And they are always left places so it's very easy to accumulate a lot of them. We spent Mothers Day treasure hunting too. Love your blog :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie, I love yours too! You're just starting out also yes?
    Oh and treasure hunting? I lovelovelove it! I went op-shopping yesterday and found some absolute gold :)

    And Kaye, you're totally famous now. I had at least six blog views so far today lol. Thanks for opening your world to me also.

    ReplyDelete